Testing & Inspection
All electrical installations will deteriorate with age and use. We recommend, therefore, that any electrical installation, is inspected and tested at regular time periods to check whether they are in a satisfactory condition and fit for purpose. Such safety checks are commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’.
A periodic inspection will:
- Show if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
- Locate any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Highlight any defective electrical work.
- Reveal any lack of earthing or bonding.
Tests will also be carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to check that they are safe. A schedule of circuits is also provided, which is a key component for a property.
Arrow Electrical are authorized to carry out periodic inspection & testing of electrical installations of commercial, retail, industrial and domestic residential properties. After inspection, we will provide a comprehensive, independent and unbiased report on the condition of your electrical installation.
All testing is carried out in accordance with current wiring regulations BS7671.
We use the latest NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) software systems to provide you with an accurate, high quality, full colour, and readable report. This can be sent out in either hard copy format or e-mailed as a PDF to suit your requirements.
Our electrical engineers are trained to carry out all aspects of the testing & inspection as listed below.
- Periodic Inspection & Test of Fixed Electrical Installations, including hazardous areas
- Fire Alarm Tests in Accordance with BS 5839
- Emergency Lighting Tests in Accordance with BS5266
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Factories – 3 years
- Commercial – 5 years
- Residential – 10 years
Stipulations for Rented Accommodation;
- Periodic Test 5 years
- Portable Appliance Testing – 1 year